SBA Minority Small Business Champion of the Year
The U.S. Small Business Administration
SBA Minority Small Business Champion of the Year!
The U.S. Small Business Administration has named its award winners for the Houston district. Minority Small Business Champion: Yusef Muhammad of Frequency Communications Inc.
Certificate of Special Congressional Recognition
Al Green, Member of Congress
Mr. Muhammad received the Certificate of Special Congressional Recognition for the International Business Power Lunch hosted at the International Trade Center!
SCORE 15 Years of Service Award
SCORE – Resource Partner of the U.S. Small Business Administration
15 Years of Service has been awarded to Yusef Muhammad from SCORE, Founded in 1964, SCORE is a valuable network of 11,000 volunteers who, through 360 chapters nationwide, offer small business entrepreneurs practical business counseling advice at no charge for the Life of Your Business (from conception to profitable growth). SCORE is a Resource Partner of the U.S. Small Business Administration.
City of Houston Champion of Diversity
SCORE Houston has been selected to receive the City of Houston Community Partner of the Year Award at the 7th Annual Champions of Diversity Awards Ceremony in the George Bush Grand Ballroom of the George R. Brown Convention Center.
The Champions of Diversity Awards honors City of Houston certified Minority, Women, Small and Disadvantage Business Enterprise (MWSDBE) prime contractors and non-certified prime contractors for their outstanding performances on City of Houston contracts, as well as a City of Houston department and community partners that have been true champions in exemplifying commitment, excellence, and support to OBO’s mission and the City’s Supplier Diversity program.
Board Member/Committee Member
- SCORE, Board Chapter Chair/President
- U.S. Small Business Administration’s (SBA), Office of International Trade-Export Outreach Team
- Greater Houston Partnership, International Trade Development Committee Member
- Greater Houston Partnership, The Regional Economic Development Advisory Committee (REDAC)
- The U.S.-China Innovation Alliance (UCIA), Board of Directors
- Alief Independent School District Educational Improvement Counsel Committee
- Interise StreetWise ‘MBA’™
- American Institute of Corporate Development